Grafton Sparkle Market is a local family owned supermarket. We are proud to have served and grown with the Grafton area since 1935. An original "Home Grocery" was opened in May of 1993 at 927 Main Street. In 1935 the store was moved two doors down to a larger building at 919 Main Street. The store name was changed to "Volunteer Food Store".
Walter Wildenheim started working at the store during high school. After graduation, Wally took over one of the "Store At Your Door Trucks". He traveled throughout the countryside calling on farm homes.
In 1946, Wally and his wife Doris bought the business and turned it into a self service grocery store. With no further area left in which to expand on Main Street, the company rented a newly constructed building on the north outskirts of town. The new store opened on December 3rd, 1952 as "Grafton Food Center".
A forty foot addition was added in 1956 for display and storage space.
In October of 1961, the business became incorporated under the laws of the State of Ohio.
In 1968, it became necessary to expand again making the store 8800 square feet. In the following years many changes were made to improve the store and update the equipment.
In 1976 brought about another opportunity to remodel and expand the building to 15,000 square feet giving the store a modern new look.
The store has been continually upgraded. The last addition, doubling the size of the store was completed in 1986.
We continue to operate as a community oriented supermarket with friendly employees, numerous additional services, and of course only the freshest meats, produce and seafood. Our bakery makes custom cakes for all occasions as well as meat, cheese and veggie trays from our deli. So come in and be part of our family!
Use the WEEKLY SPECIALS button to see our current ad!